Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some great pictures for the Summer.

Hey everybody!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I have been really enjoying the Summer weather. We took a vacation to Ashland. I saw two life birds, an Acorn Woodpecker and a Western Kingbird!

I have a whole bunch of cool pictures to share from the summer.


A house finch enjoying some sunflower.

A silhouetted song sparrow.

Picturesque grass.

A female Mallard quacking at me.

We saw this strange bee group. Any ideas why they are on the ground like this? Please let me know!

A pretty little ladybug

This is a near perfect shot! A rainbow going around the sun in a perfect circle! I forget what you call this.

A big worm!

A little Annas hummer.

A daylily in our yard.

A male Annas hummer


A juvenile dark-eyed junco!

Black-headed grosbeaks have become regulars.

One of the juvenile red-tailed hawks from the nest in Greenway park! This guy was looking straight at me! They look really healthy!

An Osprey over Emigrant Lake in Ashland.

An Acorn woodpecker! A life bird! I am pleased at the way this turned out!

Enjoy the Summer!

4 comments:

NW Nature Nut said...

Wow, great photos! You are getting really good with your camera. We went to Ashland last summer and found a nature park there that we really liked. I can't remember the name, but it's probably on my blog somewhere. We saw Acorn WP's there too. They are not easy to photograph and your photo is great! I like the flower photos too...quite artsy!

Warren Baker said...

I see you've been busy with the camera ! Some great shots. By the way the bees are a group that have split from the main hive, and are in the process of finding a new home.

Beverly said...

This time of year, I have lapses in my blogging too; but I think it's healthy to get out there and play! Experience wet grass and dirt and bugs and stuff! LOL

I love the grasses I let grow at the edges, too. Several different kinds grow, even as high as the nose on my face (and I'm 5'8"!). Aren't they cool?

Love the day-lily photo... Good job!!!

Oh...and while I've never seen an acorn woodpecker, I've got lots of Black-headed grosbeaks, too. Love 'em...

Jann said...

Nice photos...I lived near Ashland for 16 years, boy do I miss a couple of fabulous restaurants there...nice bird captures!